YOUTH PRACTITIONER COACHING
Youth Practitioner Coaching aims to support the development of knowledge and competence enabling managers to assume responsibility for their own practice and enhance the quality of services provided to children/young people and staff alike
Youth Practitioner Coaching is a facilitated process that focuses on the needs of managers/staff. It is a holistic, nonjudgement and mutually respectful process that challenges and celebrates professional practice. It provides an opportunity to explore feelings and thoughts about practice related issues enabling personal development through reflection. Youth Practitioner Coaching is complementary, it is not a substitute for managerial supervision.
WHAT IS COACHING
- Coaching provides an excellent opportunity for all professional working with children/ young people on a regular basis to reflect, review and improve practice.
- To ensure that the Therapeutic Practitioner Training is being used in practice when managing challenges and to set achievable visible results.
- To understand the significance of Values and Beliefs and how they affect behaviour.
- Goal Setting and Action Planning.
- Results Based Coaching.
- Building rapport.
- Creating leverage in children/ young people and staff.
- Reflection tool.